At MOVE we treat the Health & Safety of our employees, sub-contractors, customers, and visitors to our sites very seriously.
In 2013 we launched our safety slogan which is in place at all sites. We launched it in conjunction with our inaugural “MOVE Safety Week”. The slogan is, “MOVE Safe, Work Safe, Home Safe”.
We are WSMP ACC Tertiary accredited and retain an ACC Gold level in the Fleet Safety Programme.
We have a dedicated Health & Safety Team that meets regularly. In recent times, we have been working collaboratively with various customers and sharing information relating to Health & Safety as well.
We reinforce this by
- Undertaking risk assessments and developing risk management plans of the warehousing and transportation activities.
- Undertaking regular inspections of the warehouse and distribution centers considering our workplace transport arrangements.
- Ensure that all our employees are undertaking regular visual inspections of forklifts and delivery vehicles.
- Undertaking regular racking inspections.
- Ensuring that all relevant vehicles and lifting equipment are subject to any relevant statutory inspections and routine maintenance and that all the relevant safety features are in place.
Effective Health and Safety management for our warehousing and logistics services involves analysing risks that arise from your warehouse and logistics activities, which are then logged to our Health and Safety system and ranked. We can then put sensible health and safety measures in place to suitably control these risks.
This has enabled MOVE to not only protect its employees and members of the public from harm but also to help protect our premises, equipment, and reputation while reducing incidents and potential hazards.